Saturday 27 August 2011

The Inbetweeners Movie

Quite possibly one of the most anticipated films of the summer...


..and its smashing it!

I tried to stay away from the hype as much as possible as I find that when you go to watch films that are hyped up you're disappointed. However...

It was pretty damn good. I tried to avoid what everyone was saying about it to not give it away/expect more from it but it didn't matter, it was still very good. 

Only downside is the trailer does give a lot away and the same jokes are used so that bit is a bit unfunny. However there are many more jokes to make up for it. 

I think it was a big decision to turn the much loved sitcom into a film as you would run the risk of 'killing it'. A feature length film is a much longer time to keep people entertained and laughing compared to a half an hour prime time slot. But it worked. Just the right amount of funny, right amount of storyline for each character and some character development. It had funny jokes, wit, silliness and cringe moments, something for everyone. I don't want to ruin it too much for everyone and give away the ending but I thought it was a nice way to finish off The Inbetweeners Journey.

Apologies for the vague review but I saw it a couple of days ago and memory of it is not as clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment